Your medications are very important for your health maintenance and our goal is to see to it that we do our part to ensure you have your medications in a timely manner.
In doing so, TrueCare MD has policies related to the dispensing and refills of medications. Your cooperation and understanding of these policies allow us to provide you with quality clinical care and meet your needs. Our medication policies are as follows:
- All refill requests can take 5-7 days to be completed based on volume and insurance guidelines. Please be mindful of this as you begin to run low on your medications so you can allow our team sufficient time to complete your refill request. Please remember to call us at least 1 week before your prescription runs out and plan ahead to make sure that you have sufficient quantity to last over weekends and holidays.
- If you are requesting an entirely new medication that has not been previously prescribed, you MUST schedule an appointment with a provider.
- If you have not seen a Provider within six months, you MUST be seen by a Provider for any refills to be authorized.
- During your visit with the Provider, you will be prescribed new medications or changed medications to discuss what they are for, what you can expect and what side effects to look out for. Our providers dispense medications in the quantities necessary till your next recommended office visit. Please make it clear to your prescribing physician if you would prefer Brand or Generic, as well as the duration of the prescription based on your insurance coverage (30 or 90 day supply), along with if you prefer a retail pharmacy or mail order.
- Controlled substances will NOT be filled by phone or fax. Losing your medication or prescription is not our responsibility, and in the case that we choose to issue a new prescription in exceptional cases, we have no way of guaranteeing it will be covered by your insurance. After hours requests for refills, including controlled substance medications, will be deferred until the next business day and will NOT be handled by the on-call provider.
How you can request refills of your medications:
- Contact your pharmacy and they will submit an electronic request to our office.
- Log into your patient portal and send a request to our team through a direct message. Please be sure to include the medication name, dosage, and the pharmacy you wish for the medication to be sent to.
- Call our office at 602-777-7011, choose Option 3 (Internal Medicine Team) and then option 5 to speak to our clinical team so they can submit the request to our refill queue. Please be sure to provide us with the medication name, dosage, and which pharmacy you wish for the medication to be sent to.
You will receive notification via text once your refill has been authorized and sent to your pharmacy.